Simple and Easy Microwave Repair Tips

A microwave oven is a common household appliance. Sometimes he just refuses to work and will leave us confused and wondering what went wrong. Here are some common problems that can occur with your oven and some microwave repair tips to solve them.

Sometimes your microwave won’t turn on. The first thing to check is the plug. Make sure it is plugged in properly and the door is properly closed and aligned. If there is a blown fuse, you can replace it or reset a tripped circuit breaker. Turn on the switch. If it doesn’t work, there may be other problems or you may need to contact a professional.

If the microwave continues to blow fuses or trip a circuit breaker, check the door switch. Find the door switches and remove the wires. Probe the terminal with a voltmeter. When the door is open, the reading must be infinite and when it is closed it must be zero. If these readings are not correct, replace the switch and check again.

Sometimes the diode or capacitor may be faulty. Test the capacitor with the voltmeter. The reading should gradually increase to infinity. Try again by inverting the probes. The reading should be the same. If not, it is damaged. Similarly, also test the diode. The two readings must be opposite. If not, you must replace them. But if you can’t identify the problem, you should call a professional.

The carousel may not turn at times. It is driven by a small motor and is not related to the heating function. You need to check the plastic drive coupling that the tray is on and also the ring and roll assembly. You have to open the microwave cabinet to fix it.

If you feel the microwave cooking unevenly or relatively slowly, check the voltage at the power supply. If it is less than 115, the problem is with the electrical service. A faulty motor can also cause the problem. To verify this, remove the grill at the bottom and check with the voltmeter after setting it to RX1 and removing a wire from the motor terminals. You will have to replace the motor if the reading is infinite. Even the waveguide and magnetron can cause problems.

The touch panel may function erratically or not at all. If by any chance your touch panel has gotten wet, let it dry properly. Do not spray any cleaning liquid near it. If you have insects in your kitchen, check for an infestation of insects. They are more likely to appear under transparent surfaces and between circuit boards to feel heat. Cover the vents with a window screen to keep insects out.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *